Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nedbank Gives Back!



I had an incredible time at Nedbank last week. The Nedbank staff decided to have an event in which they "gave back" to their community.
They donated 100 white T-shirts to the activity. In four short hours, they transformed them with dye into unique clothing items.
Wow Moment after Wow Moment emerged from the dye and by the end of the day I had a pile of hand dyed T-shirts to deliver to Out Of The Box Skills Centre.
The kiddies T-shirts will go to the creche. The little ones will really enjoy getting a new T-shirt that is uniquely theirs.
The adult T-shirts will go via their sewing centre into their shop for sale. The proceeds will then go back into the centre.
This is a great concept for combining corporate social investment with your teambuilding activity and I look forward to doing more events of this kind in the future.
Thank you Nedbank! You guys rock!
Half way through the afternoon I wondered if we would ever finish the large pile of shirts waiting to be dyed. A handful of enthusiastic participants saw the challenge and got stuck in. I am totally impressed. Nedbank staff can certainly deliver on their promises.
I cannot wait to deliver the shirts to Out Of The Box once I have washed them out properly. I will give you feedback afterwards.
Have a great day in full colour!
Kind regards
Melanie
0835689150

No comments:

Post a Comment