Tuesday, October 12, 2010

mot selefi by Marle Drotsky



I always get VERY excited when I see what my students get up to.
Last year, Marle Drotsky attended my lino block making class to learn how to do her own print detail on her garments. She is an up-and-coming young fashion designer in Gauteng.
I popped in at SA Fashion Week Pop-Up Shops this weekend and was delighted to see how she has used the knowledge.
I just love her "Bokkie" design, and the way that she has detailed it with a screenprint and felted heart. She has used this on her childrens' wear to embellish tops and hats.
She also printed bows and roses using the technique.
SA Fashion Week is going from strength to strength and this year's Pop-Up Shop concept was a hit that I am sure will be repeated in years to come.
Well done Lucilla Booyse. You are an invaluable resource to the South African Fashion industry. Your event creates an amazing platform for young designers to get exposure to their target markets. I look forward to seeing what new innovation next year will bring?
Have a great day in full colour!
Kind regards
Melanie
+27835689150

No comments:

Post a Comment