Wednesday, November 22, 2017


When I was teaching full time, a friend came to me one day and begged me to take this shoe off her hands.

Her husband had bought a brand new pair of shoes, and her ridge-back pup had eaten the top on the second day he had them. She asked me to add the shoe to my printing basket so that she could be rid of the damning evidence.

She returned to the store with the remaining shoe to find a replacement pair in the hope that her husband would not notice, and her pup would be spared the scolding. She had the single shoe in the trolley, when she turned away to look for something on the shelf.

When she got back to her trolley, it was gone. Some store merchandiser likely thought it was a sample from a shelf.

It was an unlucky pair of shoes that did not last a week.

More than a decade later, it still serves me in my printing basket.

#printingwithfoundobjects

No comments:

Post a Comment