Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hobby-X Feedback



I taught six classes in three days and it was fabulous! The students were SO enthusiastic I could not help but have a wonderful time.
They learned how to print with found objects that they can find around their home and I think that they returned home after the class with new eyes.
I also taught them how to make their own hand carved lino blocks for printing. Although I favour textiles, these stamps can be used to print on paper, card, wood, leather, pvc, candles and many other surfaces.
The ladies enjoyed playing with colour and especially liked printing on the hand dyed base cloth that I supplied.
In between classes I spent my time at the Metz Press stand promoting my book, Contemporary Dyecraft (Metz Press). It has been available for seven months now and I still enjoy signing copies for my fans.
A big "THANK YOU!" to the Hobby-X organisers for putting together another quality event, and to Owen Calverly from TuCats (Craftwise Magazine) for orchestrating the classes.
To those of you who participated, you rock! And to those of you who did not make it to the event, we hope to see you there next year.
Have a great day in full colour!
Kind regards
Melanie
0835689150

No comments:

Post a Comment